Dutch life and culture
Can you tell me the most important things about Dutch etiquette?
Are there any Dutch traditions I should know about?
What are the public holidays in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands has only a few official public or bank holidays. Most of them take place between April and May. Here you have an overview:
- 1 January: New Year’s Day
- March/April: Easter
- 27 April: King’s Day
- 5 May: Liberation Day (it is a national holiday only every five years)
- 40 days after Easter: Ascension Day
- 7 weeks after Easter: Pentecost
- 5 December: Saint Nicolas’ Eve
- 25-26 December: Christmas