ACCESS NL > Leaving the Netherlands > Can I open a bank account without a Burger Service Nummer (BSN)?

Leaving the Netherlands

Do I need to deregister with the municipality before I leave the Netherlands?

What happens to my DigiD? Does everything get deactivated?

I have left before deregistering with the municipality - What should I do?

I have a Dutch bank account. Do I need to close it before I leave?

What should I do with my Dutch car?

What do I need to do with my rental property when I leave?

What options do I have with property that I own?

How do I sort out my utilities commitments before I leave?

How do I end my Dutch telephone contract agreements

How do I end my TV/internet contract agreements?

What should I do with things I can’t sell?

Who should I contact for help with moving house?

How do I sort out my tax situation?

As I am now leaving the Netherlands, can I get a tax rebate?

The country that I am moving to requires me to provide a translation of official documents which are in Dutch (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.). How do I do this?

For how long does my passport need to be valid for me to be able to leave and enter another country?

Will I still receive social security benefits when I leave the country?

I have Dutch health insurance. Will I still be covered once I have left the Netherlands?

What should I do if my temporary lease ends due to Covid-19?

Can I be evicted if I lose my job?

Can I open a bank account without a Burger Service Nummer (BSN)?

All residents of the Netherlands are assigned a unique, personal Citizen Service Number (burgerservicenummer or BSN) for contact with the government. Banks are obliged by law to pass information about your financial situation to the tax authorities. For this they need your BSN.


Will my partner receive any pension when I have passed away

I am going to leave the Netherlands. Do I have to pay local taxes for the full year?