Mortgages in the Netherlands
How do I get a loan for buying an apartment or a house?
Are there restrictions on how much I can borrow for my mortgage?
How can I decide which mortgage is best for me?
If you are unsure of which mortgage is best suited for your needs, it is suggested that you seek advice from one of the following:
- a bank or mortgage lender
- an independent specialised hypotheek adviseur (mortgage broker)
- a professional financial advisor
In helping you to determine which mortgage is most appropriate for your circumstances, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- How much do I want to borrow?
- How much can I afford to pay each month?
- How long do I want to take to pay off the mortgage? (This will be dependent upon a variety of factors such as your age, how long you intend to live in the Netherlands and the security over your future employment)?
- When, how much and how do I want to redeem my mortgage?
- Which risks do I want to be insured against?
- What type of mortgage do I want?
- How important are the overall interest costs, risks, flexibility and tax benefits to me?