All early childhood vaccinations are given at the consultatiebureau (child health clinic) and are free of charge. The rijksvaccinatieprogramma – RVP (national immunisation programme) currently includes vaccinations for the following diseases:
- DKTP: combined vaccination for D = Diphtheria, K = Whooping Cough (kinkhoest), T = Tetanus, P = Poliomyelitis
- HIB = Haemophilus influenza type B
- BMR = Bof (Mumps), Mazelen (Measles), Rode hond (Rubella: German Measles)
- Men C = Meningitis C
- Pneu = Pneumococcal vaccination. The pneumococcal vaccine protects against 10 types of pneumococcal bacteria which can cause pneumococcal disease in young children.
- Hep B = Hepatitis B vaccination
- HPV = Human Papilloma Virus (only for girls)
For an updated list, visit the Dutch government’s site https://www.rivm.nl/en/national-immunisation-programme
For general vaccination information, you can approach the Municipal and Regional Health Service (GGD).
The GGD is the municipal health organisation for preventative healthcare. Once you have registered at the town hall, the GGD will let you know automatically which immunisation programme (if any) you need to follow.