I find it difficult and expensive to park my car in many major cities. Is there a way for me to park my car easier and cheaper?
Are there any subscriptions to travel cheaper by public transport?
What is the OV-chipkaart?
How does the OV-chipkaart work?
What types of OV-chipkaart are there?
How can I find out which tram, bus or train I need and the departure times?
How can I go to the railway station or from the railway station to my destination?
It seems that everybody is biking in the Netherlands. Where can I buy a bike for myself?
Can I travel by public transport if I don't have an OV-chipkaart?
I am a student. What is the student OV-chipkaart?
What kinds of tickets are available for the train?
For the train you can use either paper cards or the OV-Chipkaart (chip card used to pay for public transport) The main tickets available are:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Day travel card for the train
- Day travel card for all public transport (called Holland travel ticket)
- Bicycle day travel card
- Rail runner (cheap ticket for children aged 4 to 11 accompanied by an adult)
- Group ticket off peak hours (single ticket)
- Joint discount ticket off peak hours
You can find an overview of available tickets on https://www.ns.nl/en