ACCESS NL > Leaving the Netherlands > Taxes and other formal requirements > I have Dutch health insurance. Will I still be covered once I have left the Netherlands?

Taxes and other formal requirements

How do I sort out my tax situation?

As I am now leaving the Netherlands, can I get a tax rebate?

The country that I am moving to requires me to provide a translation of official documents which are in Dutch (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.). How do I do this?

For how long does my passport need to be valid for me to be able to leave and enter another country?

Will I still receive social security benefits when I leave the country?

I have Dutch health insurance. Will I still be covered once I have left the Netherlands?

When you live in the Netherlands, you are in most cases required to take out a compulsory private health insurance policy with a commercial insurance provider. In addition, if you were earning an income whilst resident in the Netherlands, you also provided a contribution to the Dutch social security system for health insurance (ZVW) through your taxes. However, when you leave the Netherlands to go to live in another country, your existing Dutch insurance policy will normally no longer be valid. Some Dutch health insurance companies do provide specific health insurance products for those wishing to live abroad/emigrate. This will mean that you will need to change your health insurance policy with your provider.

You should contact your Dutch health insurance company about your move to notify them of the change (so that no further payments are made for your current policy) and to discuss the possibilities of having health insurance coverage in your new country of residence.

I am going to leave the Netherlands. Do I have to pay local taxes for the full year?