ACCESS NL > Leaving the Netherlands > Taxes and other formal requirements > As I am now leaving the Netherlands, can I get a tax rebate?

Taxes and other formal requirements

How do I sort out my tax situation?

As I am now leaving the Netherlands, can I get a tax rebate?

Your tax liability will be assessed for the full tax year in which you leave the country. Therefore, the tax assessment of the income that you received whilst you were resident in the Netherlands (and any ongoing income from the Netherlands) will only be made at the end of the tax year by the Belastingdienst (Dutch tax office). Depending on the information that you have provided in the M form tax return, you may be eligible for a tax rebate which will be paid to you in the following tax year. To claim a tax refund an active DigiD is necessary. Please be aware that you cannot get and/or activate a DigiD once you have deregistered in the Netherlands, unless you have Dutch nationality or the nationality of an EEA country (EU plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland).

The country that I am moving to requires me to provide a translation of official documents which are in Dutch (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.). How do I do this?

For how long does my passport need to be valid for me to be able to leave and enter another country?

Will I still receive social security benefits when I leave the country?

I have Dutch health insurance. Will I still be covered once I have left the Netherlands?

I am going to leave the Netherlands. Do I have to pay local taxes for the full year?