Learning Dutch for civic integration

What is the inburgeringsexamen and who has to take it?

What are the different types of civic integration exams?

What skills will I be tested on during the integration examination?

Where can I attend an Inburgering course?

There are different schools and private institutions that offer civic integration courses. On this website (in Dutch only), you can find officially registered schools/institutions which are certificated to give this course. You must follow the course here if you meet the requirements to get this course free of charge. In addition to the Education Executive Agency – DUO (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs), some municipalities such as The Hague and Amsterdam provide information and facilities to help you to learn Dutch. It may be a good idea to pay a visit to your municipality or have a look on their websites.

Please note that many private language schools offer civic integration classes, however reimbursement of their fees is not possible.