Ann Kuis practice location(s): Rotterdam and Schoonhoven
ACCESS Start date: March 2015
- M.A. Counselling
- B.Sc. Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychoanalytical Observational Studies
- Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy
- Licensed Counselling Psychologist (DHA, UAE)
Ann Kuis: counselling and psychotherapy for adults, couples, teenagers and families.
‘My approach is integrative and client-centred incorporating psychodynamic, psychoanalytical and cognitive behavioural therapies based on the individual needs of clients. Living and practicing abroad for 17 years in Singapore, Bombay and Dubai, I have extensive international clinical experience with a broad range of clients from diverse cultural backgrounds. I work with adults, couples, teenagers and families. ‘
Working from an integrative perspective, Ann utilises client-centred, cognitive behavioural, psychoananlytical and mindfulness therapy approaches depending on the specific needs of her clients.
Trained also in marital and relationship therapy, Ann has 17 years experience helping couples. As part of her couple therapy work and interventions, she incorporates Imago Therapy and Emotional Focussed Therapy approaches and techniques to facilitate the process of couples building more satisfying and fulfilling relationships.
Areas in which Ann can help individuals, couples and families, include, but are not limited to the following:
- General discontent/unhappiness
- Low self esteem
- Panic symptoms/Panic attacks
- Grief and loss
- Postnatal and anti-natal depression
- Infertility issues and challenges
- Marital and relationship problems
- Family problems/issues
- Work-related problems
- Anger management
- Sexual orientation/gender issues