I find it difficult and expensive to park my car in many major cities. Is there a way for me to park my car easier and cheaper?
Are there any subscriptions to travel cheaper by public transport?
What is the OV-chipkaart?
How does the OV-chipkaart work?
What types of OV-chipkaart are there?
Can I travel by public transport if I don't have an OV-chipkaart?
I am a student. What is the student OV-chipkaart?
How can I find out which tram, bus or train I need and the departure times?
How can I go to the railway station or from the railway station to my destination?
What kinds of tickets are available for the train?
It seems that everybody is biking in the Netherlands. Where can I buy a bike for myself?
What kinds of bikes are available?
I have hardly any knowledge of biking. How can I learn to bike?
Are there any special traffic rules for cyclists?
The following laws apply specifically for cyclists:
- Cycling is not allowed on sidewalks or pedestrian-only areas
- Use hand signals when preparing to make a left or right turn. Simply put your arm out in the direction you want to turn
- It is allowed to ride alongside another bicyclist, but cycling with three people in a row is not permitted
- Bicyclists share the bike paths with snorfietsen or broomfietsen (mopeds). Be prepared for them by cycling on the right side of the bike path so that they can pass you
- Cycling is not allowed on highways
- Tunnels may or may not be accessible for cycling. If they are, there is usually a separate bike path
- Bicycle lights are mandatory, white or yellow in the front and red in the rear. You can get a fine when cycling without lights in the dark, at dusk or in poor visibility