Amsterdam Mamas is the largest and fastest growing English-speaking parenting community in the city, providing support to international parents in Amsterdam and surrounding regions. It is run by volunteers and have a huge community on Facebook.
Amsterdam Mamas has become so much more than just a Facebook group, it is a thriving not-for-profit foundation, a website, a podcast, an events organization and a policy advocate for families.
Here is what they do:
• Maintain a highly active website and several Facebook Groups (over 20,000 mamas and papas are members on its main Facebook Group from almost 100 different nationalities).
• Organize annual events for the community such as the Great Big Easter Egg Hunt, The Spooktacular Parade and the SantaTram (500+ participants attend their community events).
• Deliver weekly newsletters covering events for families in the city (The Weekend Round-Up weekly newsletter has ± 5,500 readers).
• Provide support to parents in need (while protecting the parents’ identities).
• Run an activities database and business directory.
Their mission is to be the most trusted and reliable information and support for international parents living in Amsterdam and the surrounding regions.
Thanks to the support of our Partners and their belief in our Mission & Vision we are able to serve the international community in the Netherlands. You can read about how to become an ACCESS Partner here.