Extra service for medicine used for the first time
2016-04-19 | By ACCESS
If you use medicine for the first time or you haven’t used it for 12 months or more, you have to pay more for it than for medicine you use on a regular basis. This has been decided by the government to make the use of medicine safer. There is a special payment for this and you can find it on the bill. It is called “eerste uitgifte” .
Verfication by the pharmacist
Before the pharmacist will give you these medicines, he needs to verify the following:
- Which other medicine you use.Is the medicine suitable to be used with other medicine you take
- Is the medicine suitable for you, e.g. are you not allergic to one of more ingredients in the medicine
- If necessary, he will contact the doctor who prescribed the medicine to you.
Service delivered by the pharmacist
The pharmacist will also deliver the following service:
- Explain the way the medicine works and possible side effects to you
- Written explanation of how to use the medicine -usually the information leaflet (bijsluiter)
This procedure ensures that you can use your medicine safely and reliably.