Big Ben Kids – General Manager
2018-07-25 | By zokinderopvang
General Manager at Big Ben Kids – 32 hours
Big Ben Kids is an international baby center, daycare, preschool and after school facility in the Zoutmanstraat in The Hague. At the moment we take care of over more than 80 children every day. Big Ben Kids is included in the international business unit of Zo Kinderopvang. With over 40 locations Zo Kinderopvang is a professional and leading organization in childcare in The Hague area and the southern part of the Netherlands.
The programme of Big Ben is a educational programme, with English as first language. Our staff are qualified nurses and teachers, and Big Ben has offered her services for over 10 years to internationals from all over the world. Our groups are organized in a linear- horizontal system. This means that children are educated and cared for with peers in small established groups. The day care facility and the afterschool club are under the same roof. As General Manager you are responsible for both.
We offer a specially designed activity programme, such as languages, music lessons that focusses on developing both intellectual and socials skills within an internationally oriented environment. Check out www.bigbenkids.com to read more information.
Do you think you are able to maintain the characteristics of this international childcare center within the Dutch system? Are you able to build a strong team, while looking for improvements and new chances? Then you are the one to be our new General Manager!
This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional and experienced people oriented manager – interested in executing the efficient and effective management of the center on a day-to-day basis.
- To continuously develop and promote the business
- To manage and motivate a team of qualified nurses and teachers
- To serve as primary contact for the parents
- To manage and advise on the integration and transition process for new children and to provide support in applying for allowances from the Dutch authorities
- To manage all visits/tours on the location and the intake appointments
- To develop, assess and report staff objectives in lines with the company objectives
- To work with the team in developing the curriculum fort he activities and programmes
- To ensure the child development center continually meets all rules and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelors’ Degree in education with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proven experience in managing a team (>20 staff members)
- Proven experience in an international environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills at all levels (preferably a native speaker)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- A challenging and diverse job in a dynamic and fast growing international environment
- A complete package of collective labour agreement ( CAO) in Child Care sector, based salary, eight percent holiday pay, six weeks holiday, pension and company contribution towards health insurance
- A position of 32 hours per week
If you think you would like to join our international team at Big Ben Kids/Zo Kinderopvang we look forward receiving your application. Please contact us by sending your cv and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call Helène Reintjes
Recruiter at Zo Kinderopvang
+31 (0)6 11 83 04 40 or email email@example.com